After completing our course,
you will be able to:
- Proofread any business, creative, or academic document to a professional standard
- Produce your own documents with confidence in their quality
- Use major academic referencing styles correctly
- Proofread documents written in British, American and Australian English
- Make the most of Microsoft Word
- Begin your career as a professional proofreader
Here’s what you need to know
The course currently comprises ten modules of teaching, testing, and exercises:
- 1. Editing and Proofreading: An Introduction
- 2. The Basics of Microsoft Word
- 3. Common Spelling Mistakes
- 4. Common Grammar Mistakes
- 5. Common Punctuation Mistakes
- 6. Other Common Errors
- 7. Proofreading in Practice: Style
- 8. Proofreading in Practice: Academic Proofreading
- 9. Academic Proofreading: Referencing and Citations
- 10. Formatting in Microsoft Word
Proofreading Academy is suitable for beginners as well as those who have some experience and want to sharpen their skills. Whether you want to pursue a career in proofreading or create better documents in your current role, we can help.
The syllabus takes an estimated minimum of 30 hours to complete. Because the course is entirely online, you can enrol whenever you like, and you set the pace. Everything is available 24/7, so you can study at any time that suits you.
We know our stuff
Proofreading Academy was developed by Proofed Inc. a respected international network of proofreading experts. Thousands of customers around the world trust our proofreaders to make their documents eloquent, concise, and correct. We created this course to show you exactly how we do it.