This module covers
- The different types of business documents you might encounter as a proofreader
- What to expect when working with business clients, including working with briefs, style guides, and company or brand voices
- How to create a style sheet for business writing
- The importance of knowing the intended audience, style, and level of formality for different types of business writing
- The role of grammatical point of view in business writing
- How to edit vocabulary issues related to jargon and buzzwords
- Editing for skim reading, accessibility, and SEO
- How to approach formal business documents, commercial copy, and other professional documents such as CVs and cover letters
- How to use the tools in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Docs to proofread documents
- Tips for proofreading in publishing packages such as Adobe Illustrator or InDesign
- Those who want to be able to proofread documents for business clients to a professional standard
- Anyone who wants to learn how to proofread in PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Docs
An overview of how to start proofreading professionally for businesses, with a guide to the different types of software you may be asked to work with.
We'll provide an overview of our business proofreading short course, including the interactive elements and quizzes featured.
We'll give you a complete overview to get started with all the common software you might meet while proofreading for businesses.