This module covers
- The main differences between different editions of Word for Windows and Word for Mac
- Our suggested workflow for proofreading
- How to change the user name and proofing language
- How to use the Track Changes and Compare features
- Using comments
- FAQs from proofreaders and our answers
- People needing a quick-start guide to using Microsoft Word for proofreading
- Those wanting to see how the tools of Microsoft Word are used by professionals
- People who are rusty with computing and want a refresher!
🕑 Estimated time: 2–3 hours
Everything you need to know to start proofreading professionally, from correcting errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation to dealing with different writing and referencing styles, and working with Microsoft Word.
Find out why and how editing and proofreading have traditionally been treated as two separate tasks, and how they often merge in digital work.
Finally, you can nail the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their' and much more besides!
Perfect your prepositions, parenthetical clauses, and parallelisms. Fix fragments and faulty agreement and free yourself from dangling and misplaced modifiers for evermore!