This module covers
- The differences between proofreading and editing
- Substantive and mechanical editing
- The typical tasks involved in proofreading and editing
- Where proofreading fits into the editing process
- What skills proofreaders and editors need
- What modern on-screen proofreading involves
- Some common client and document types
- An introduction to the ethical issues involved in proofreading and editing
- Those who want to know what digital proofreading involves
- Those who want to understand the traditional distinction between proofreading and editing
Everything you need to know to start proofreading professionally, from correcting errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation to dealing with different writing and referencing styles, and working with Microsoft Word.
If you're a bit rusty with computing, this module will oil you up! Take a whistlestop tour through all the tools of Microsoft Word you'll need to get started with proofreading.
Finally, you can nail the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their' and much more besides!
Perfect your prepositions, parenthetical clauses, and parallelisms. Fix fragments and faulty agreement and free yourself from dangling and misplaced modifiers for evermore!