This module covers
- Information on how to find work as a freelance proofreader
- Top revision areas
- Mock assignment
- Assessment of students to see if they are ready for professional work
- Detailed feedback
- Extra 1-2-1 tutoring, if needed
- People who feel ready for professional proofreading
- Those who want to go on to work as a freelance proofreader with our proofreading partner, Proofed
🕑 Estimated time: 3–4 hours
Everything you need to know to start proofreading professionally, from correcting errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation to dealing with different writing and referencing styles, and working with Microsoft Word.
Find out why and how editing and proofreading have traditionally been treated as two separate tasks, and how they often merge in digital work.
If you're a bit rusty with computing, this module will oil you up! Take a whistlestop tour through all the tools of Microsoft Word you'll need to get started with proofreading.
Finally, you can nail the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their' and much more besides!