This module covers
- Spelling differences between UK, US, and AUS English
- Spotting common typos
- Spelling differences between compound, hyphenated and open compound words
- FAQs from proofreaders and our answers
- People wanting to brush up on their spelling
- Those wanting to know the differences between regional dialects
- Those needing a trusted guide as to how to spell and punctuate words which are often misspelled
🕑 Estimated time: 2–3 hours
Everything you need to know to start proofreading professionally, from correcting errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation to dealing with different writing and referencing styles, and working with Microsoft Word.
Find out why and how editing and proofreading have traditionally been treated as two separate tasks, and how they often merge in digital work.
If you're a bit rusty with computing, this module will oil you up! Take a whistlestop tour through all the tools of Microsoft Word you'll need to get started with proofreading.
Perfect your prepositions, parenthetical clauses, and parallelisms. Fix fragments and faulty agreement and free yourself from dangling and misplaced modifiers for evermore!