This module covers
- Terminal punctuation
- Double vs. single spaces
- Punctuation in restrictive and non-restrictive clauses
- Commas and conjunctions
- Punctuating quotations
- Colons and semicolons
- Punctuating dialogue
- Hyphens and dashes
- Ellipses, parentheses and lists
- FAQs from proofreaders and our answers
- People wanting to brush up on their punctuation
- Those wanting to know the punctuation differences between regional dialects
- Those needing a trusted guide to English punctuation
🕑 Estimated time: 2–3 hours
Everything you need to know to start proofreading professionally, from correcting errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation to dealing with different writing and referencing styles, and working with Microsoft Word.
Find out why and how editing and proofreading have traditionally been treated as two separate tasks, and how they often merge in digital work.
If you're a bit rusty with computing, this module will oil you up! Take a whistlestop tour through all the tools of Microsoft Word you'll need to get started with proofreading.
Finally, you can nail the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their' and much more besides!