This module covers
- Faulty agreement
- Plural verbs and collective nouns
- Compound subjects
- Faulty parallelism
- Dangling and misplaced modifiers
- Restrictive and non-restrictive clauses
- Adverbs and adjectives
- Determiners and prepositions
- Regional grammar differences
- Grammar myths
It is useful for:
- People wanting to brush up on their grammar
- Those wanting to know the grammatical differences between regional dialects
- Those needing a trusted guide to English grammar
Everything you need to know to start proofreading professionally, from correcting errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation to dealing with different writing and referencing styles, and working with Microsoft Word.
Find out why and how editing and proofreading have traditionally been treated as two separate tasks, and how they often merge in digital work.
If you're a bit rusty with computing, this module will oil you up! Take a whistlestop tour through all the tools of Microsoft Word you'll need to get started with proofreading.
Finally, you can nail the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their' and much more besides!