This module covers
- Customizing the spellchecker
- Using Find and Replace
- Changing text direction
- Working with Styles
- Document layout and spacing
- Page and section breaks
- Headers and footers
- Page numbers
- Images, tables, and charts
- Dynamic lists and indexes
- People who may need to format documents as part of their work
- Those wanting to know academic formatting conventions
- Those wanting to master Microsoft Word and all its functions
🕑 Estimated time: 3–5 hours
Everything you need to know to start proofreading professionally, from correcting errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation to dealing with different writing and referencing styles, and working with Microsoft Word.
Find out why and how editing and proofreading have traditionally been treated as two separate tasks, and how they often merge in digital work.
If you're a bit rusty with computing, this module will oil you up! Take a whistlestop tour through all the tools of Microsoft Word you'll need to get started with proofreading.
Finally, you can nail the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their' and much more besides!