This module covers
- Working with quotations
- Writing style
- Tense use
- Active vs. passive voice in academic texts
- Different academic client types
- Working with LaTeX
It is useful for:
- People who want to understand how to correct the writing style of an academic piece
- People studying who want to understand quotation rules better
- Those who need to know how to correct LaTeX documents
A complete overview of how to start proofreading academic work professionally, without straying into re-writing or over-editing, which can lead to charges of plagiarism against the author.
Get to know the main issues you have to be careful with when proofreading academic work and find out when your overly-helpful attempts editing could result in charges of plagiarism against the author.
We know more referencing systems than you can shake a stick it, and we're still going strong with them in this module!
Things get source-y in this module, as we introduce all the different kinds of material that authors might cite in academic work, and the details that need to be recorded for each one.