As a freelance proofreader, maintaining a social media presence by regularly posting content is a great way to reach potential clients and grow your business. We’ve already covered our top tips for using social media. But what should you do when you’re too busy to keep up with your online presence in real time? In this post, we cover the best social media management apps that allow you to plan, prepare, and schedule posts ahead of time.
Specialized Social Media Management Apps
If you’re focusing your efforts on one or two platforms, a specialized tool might be all you need. Specialized social media management apps include:
- Tweetdeck – Tweetdeck is a Twitter management tool that allows you to quickly track engagement (i.e., likes and retweets), hashtags and mentions, make follower lists, and, of course, schedule tweets.
- Facebook Business Manager – This app is great if you want to schedule Facebook posts. If you also intend to run Facebook ads for your business, this is where the magic happens! And as the two platforms are owned by the same company, Facebook Business Manager also allows you to schedule Instagram posts and ads, and gives you precious insights on reach and impressions.
- Tailwind – If you’re looking for a way to improve your Pinterest presence without having to do a crash course in graphic design, you might find Tailwind useful. Its main feature is its automated design generators, which help you quickly create visual content. And while it’s best known for Pinterest scheduling, Tailwind also offers an Instagram tool.
- Inlytics – Freelancers building their LinkedIn presence should check out Inlytics. Beyond scheduling posts, this platform also offers useful analytics. These help you measure the engagement of every post and offer you tips to optimize your profile and content.
All-in-One Social Media Management Apps
You don’t have to manage each platform with a different tool – especially when you’re juggling accounts across multiple platforms. So if you’re looking to expand your social media reach as a freelancer, or simply prefer having everything in one place, these all-in-one apps might offer you a solution:
- Hootsuite – Hootsuite is a tool where you can not only schedule posts but also engage with your community by managing mentions and messages across six platforms.
- Later – With Later’s starter plan, you can schedule posts on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn. Helpful analytics features measure your reach, advise you about the best times to post, and suggest hashtags.
- MeetEdgar – MeetEdgar allows you to create and add to a “content library.” And it will automatically repost content from this library if you don’t have the time to create anything new. This time-saving tool is compatible with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Sprout Social – The analytics tools in this all-in-one social media management app help you improve your outreach strategy by comparing your performance to similar content. This feature is great if you want to measure how your profile is performing against your competitors.
Whatever social media platforms you use to promote yourself, make sure to check out your options to see which one works best for your needs and budget.
Becoming A Proofreader
To be a successful freelance proofreader, you first need the skills! And the best way to learn them is with our Becoming A Proofreader course. Find out more by signing up for a free trial today.